Activation Task Takes a Long Time On a Large Weblogic Cluster Due to WebLogic Internal Communication Routing Over Proxy Server
(Doc ID 1051862.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 8.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Apr-2016***
This issue is experienced under the following circumstances:
- Deploy a new application (any kind of web/ear in exploded format) to any of the managed servers
- Log on to an Admin console, make any changes and "Activate" on "activate changes" task, and then stop one of the managed server instances which is in the target list.
- As a result, the activation task is running forever and it is not possible to cancel it.
The symptoms experienced were:
- Constantly experience extensive downtimes while deploying new applications.
- Activation task of new deployment from WLS admin console hangs forever.
- Must restart the admin server to be able to cancel deployment, then stop all managed servers in domain and manually remove local configuration copies, as "undo" operation in admin server doesn't reflect on managed server side and with different configuration copies not possible to do ANY changes in admin console.
- Only workaround is to stop all managed servers in domain, manually remove each local tmp/* servers/* config/* and start over.
- When consulting the log files, the following errors are found in the managed server logs:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document