Data Retirement on Custom Archive not Running as Scheduled
(Doc ID 1067095.1)
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Weblogic Server - Version 10.3 to 10.3
Oracle Service Bus - Version 10.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 27-September-2013***
In a WLS 10.3 domain, you have created a Data Retirement Policy for the CUSTOM/com.bea.wli.monitoring.alert archive and it is not running as per the scheduled parameters. When you run it manually, it works as expected.
For example, in an domain running Oracle Service Bus you might want to clean up the alert store. For this, you might want to do the following:
2. Set Type="File Store" and check "Data retirement enabled"
3. Click "New" in Data retirement policies section
3.1. Select Archive Name="HarvestedDataArchive"
3.2. Set Retirement age=744, Retirement period=1, Retirement time=0
3.3. Check "Enable", and click "Ok"
4. Repeat step 3 but now select Archive Name="CUSTOM"
4.1. Type "CUSTOM/com.bea.wli.monitoring.alert" in Custom Archive Name
4.2. All other parameters remain the same as in step 3
5. Save and wait for scheduled time (can set machine clock to match time, in this case 12 am)
6. Check server log, only HarvestedDataArchive policy will have run, not the CUSTOM policy
7. In Diagnostics->Archives->Servername page, select CUSTOM policy name and
click "Start Data Retirement", Accept warning, and check server log again,
policy will have run correctly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!