Intermittent Oracle Access Manager Operation Error ErrNoFormUrl With Chained Non-IIS WebGate to IIS IWA WebGate Authentication
(Doc ID 1076960.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:COREid Access - Version 10.1.4.0.1 to 10.1.4.3.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 10.1.4 environment where a non-IIS application WebGate is redirecting to a Microsoft IIS WebGate for Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) users intermittently see the following error:
Oracle Access Manager Operation Error
The form authentication scheme Form login for Non-IIS IWA does not have a challenge parameter form:formURL, where formURL is the URL of the login form.
'Non-IIS IWA' in the above error text is the name of the Form authentication scheme configured in the Policy Domain protecting the resources deployed on the non-IIS application webgates, so this name will differ according to the environment.
The URL displayed in the address bar is something like
https://<HOSTNAME>.<DOMAIN>:<PORT>/access/oblix/apps/webgate/bin/webgate.dll?status=500 errmsg=ErrNoFormUrl p1=Kerberos%20-%20Form%20authentication
The authentication schemes have been configured following the instructions in <Note:361312.1> - How To Setup Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) as an Authentication WebGate.
IWA login to resources deployed on the IIS WebGate succeeds every time without any errors.
Steps to reproduce
1. Login to the Windows domain on a client PC and start a new browser session.
2. Access a protected resource deployed on the non-IIS WebGate.
3. In most cases this first time the IWA authentication will succed and the resource will be displayed.
4. Close the browser.
5. Open a new browser session.
6. Access a protected resource deployed on the non-IIS WebGate again.
7. 'Oracle Access Manager Operation Error' should occur. If not then repeat steps 4 - 6 again until it occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document