Multiselect Dependent Choice List (DCL) Values Disappear When User Clicks On Value That Was Already Selected
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.1.3.3.0 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a multiselect DCL based on a "parent" multiselect that has a RestrictedList rule and selecting multiple values, the DCL list is emptied when one of the selected values is clicked.
Step-by-step example to clarify the issue:
The check-in form has two multiselect fields called company and contacts, where the List of Values (LOV) in contacts depends on the company that is selected. The LOV in company is restricted to 'AA', 'BB', and 'CC' which map to the displayed values 'Company AA', 'Company BB' and 'Company CC'.
- When checking in a new file, the user selects:
- Company AA from the company field.
- Contact 1 for Company AA from the contacts field.
- Company BB from the company field.
- Contact 1 for Company BB from the contacts field.
The company field now lists the following selected values:
- Company AA, Company BB
The contacts field lists the following selected values:
- Contact 1 for Company AA, Contact 1 for Company BB
- The user then doubleclicks the 'Contact 1 for Company BB' from the selected values list.
- At this point the contacts field should display the same value, but instead it is blanked out and no values can be selected from drop-down list.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms