Troubleshooting LDAP Issues Support Pattern
(Doc ID 1077534.1)
Last updated on JULY 20, 2020
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 6.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is a support pattern describing how to troubleshoot and resolve WebLogic Server issues related to LDAP, role mapping, or client authentication.
- WebLogic Server (WLS) cannot connect to LDAP or cannot find users/groups to do role mapping.
- Embedded LDAP locking problems.
- Performance issues related to client authentication.
The following are six common symptoms:
- Authentication provider not able to connect to LDAP.
- User cannot authenticate.
- User can authenticate but the authentication provider cannot find to which group this user belongs.
- User can authenticate but does not have the required role.
- Server cannot start due to Embedded LDAP locking problems.
- Client authentication to LDAP is slow.
Please note that not all of the following items would need to be done. Some issues can be solved by only following a few of the items.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.