Blank Screen Running Test Form when Configuring Forms after an Application Server Installation
Last updated on JULY 16, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 10.1.2 to 10.1.2 [Release 10.1.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Jan-2014***
Application Server and Form 10.1.2.3
1. When the test form is called nothing happens. http://machine.domain:port/forms/frmservlet results in a blank screen.
2. The JInitiator/Java Console is not activated when a Form is called.
3. Testing indicates that no frmweb process is ever started up when the form is called.
4. However, the tests associated with running http://machine.domain:port/forms/frmservlet/admin appear successful.
5. No Forms related virtual directory mappings are working. For example, http://machine.domain:port/forms/java/frmall.jar results in:
404 file not found
The jar file frmall.jar exists in the $ORACLE_HOME/forms/java directory and has the appropriate "read" permissions.
Similar tests for the other virtually mapped Forms related directories in the $ORACLE_HOME/forms/server/forms.conf fail in the same manner.
6. However, if a standard Oracle HTTP Server Alias is placed in the forms.conf and a file is placed in the virtually mapped directory, this works.
Alias /docs/ "/tmp/" (Modify as necessary if on Windows)
b. Create a simple file called hello.htm file and place some text such as "Hello World" in it.
c. Place hello.htm in the /tmp directory. (Modify as necessary if on Windows)
d. Stop and start the http server.
e. Try to bring up the file using http://machine.domain:port/docs/hello.htm and this works.
CHANGE SCENARIO # 1:
1. Forms was deployed after the installation of the Application server using the following steps:
Forms Post Installation Configuration Steps
Section -> 7.2.5 Configuring OracleAS Forms Services After Installation
2. No errors occurred during these steps, you see a confirmation message indicating the configuration was successful, and there are no error messages in the $ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs/formsConfig.log or any other logs corresponding to the time Forms was configured.
CHANGE SCENARIO #2
The Forms Bundle Patch <Patch 9593176> was applied. See <note 1188127.1>.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms