Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WebCenter Bundle Patches
The goal of this document is to supply customers the recommended and most up to date patches for the Oracle WebCenter 11g product.
As part of Oracle’s overall commitment to full support and reliability of any released version of its software, Customers are expected to always implement the latest Bundle Patch in all environments Bundle Patches target product defects reported by our customers in their use of the version the patch has been created for. Applying the bundle patch assures our customers that they do not have to find a “known issue” in their environment to benefit from a fix that has been implemented in another customer’s environment. The Bundle Patch provides cumulative compilation of all such fixes.
While individual one off patches are not fully tested, the Bundle Patch go through rigorous Quality Assurance (QA) testing and provides the customer with a level of assurance that applying the bundle will not have any negative impacts. Bundle Patches for WebCenter Portal and other FMw products to be targeted to be uniformly available on specific dates (see below).
From July 2012, we 've started to release quarterly Bundle Patches for many of the FMW products, including WebCenter Portal. The schedule aligns with the Critical Patch Updates (CPUs) schedule, which is January, April, July and October. Hence the planned and release dates are as following:
- 17 July 2012 --> Released PS5 BP3 (184.108.40.206.3)
- 16 October 2012 --> Released PS5 BP4 (220.127.116.11.4)
- 15 January 2013 --> Released PS5 BP5 (18.104.22.168.5)
- 16 April 2013 --> Released PS5 BP6 (22.214.171.124.6)
- 16 July 2013 --> Released PS6 BP1 (126.96.36.199.1)
- 15 October 2013 --> Released dot8 BP1 (188.8.131.52.1)
- 14 January 2014 --> Released dot8 BP2 (184.108.40.206.2)
- 15 April 2014 --> Released dot8 BP3 (220.127.116.11.3)
- 15 July 2014 --> Released dot8 BP4 (18.104.22.168.4)
- 14 October 2014 --> Released dot8 BP5 (22.214.171.124.5)
- 20 January 2015 --> Released dot8 BP6 (126.96.36.199.6)
- 14 April 2015 --> Released dot8 BP7 (188.8.131.52.7)
- 14 July 2015 --> Released dot8 BP8 (184.108.40.206.8) & dot9 BP2 (220.127.116.11.2)
- 23 October 2015 --> Released dot9 BP8 (18.104.22.168.8)
- 19 January 2016 --> Released dot9 - 22.214.171.124.160119WCPBP - new BP version numbering introduced - refer to KM <Note:2061926.1>
- 19 April 2016 --> Released: dot9 (126.96.36.199.160418WCPBP) and R12 (188.8.131.52.160419WCPBP) --> new BP version numbering introduced - refer to KM <Note:2061926.1>
- 19 July 2016 --> Released: dot9 (184.108.40.206.160719WCPBP)
- 18 Oct 2016 --> Released: dot9 (220.127.116.11.161018WCPBP)
- 17 Jan 2017 --> Released: dot9 (18.104.22.168.161128WCPBP)
- 18-Jul-2017 --> Released: dot9 (22.214.171.124.170718WCPBP)
Other Product Bundle Patches and/or one-offs
Oracle WebCenter 11g sits on top of ADF technology.
This means that customers using Oracle WebCenter Portal 11g, may benefit from ADF patches as well (into the oracle_common Oracle Home directory). This is the reason why they are referenced within this note.