Unable to assign WebCenter Roles to Active Directory Users or Groups: No matching users were found with search string / Group not found in Identity Store
Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 24-JUL-2015
When attempting to assign WebCenter Roles to Active Directory Users or Groups, the following errors occurs.
When adding a role to a group:
Group [mygroup] not found in Identity Store
When adding a role to a user.
WCS#2010.04.14.12.49.35: No matching users were found with search string mytestuser
- WebCenter is configured with Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) as external LDAP provider.
- OVD connects to both Active Directory (AD) and Oracle Internet Directory (OiD).
- Users and groups from OiD can be assigned WebCenter Roles, but users and groups from Ad cannot.
- Authentication with both users from AD and OiD works fine.
Steps To reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to WebCenter Spaces as an administrator user.
- Click the "Administration" link.
- Select the "Security" Tab -> "Users and Groups" Sub Tab.
- Assign a Role to a Group.
Here it shows the error: Group [mygroup] not found in Identity Store
- Assign a Role to a User.
Here it shows the error: No matching users were found with search string mytestuser
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms