External Users Unable to Access MS Exchange Email After Integration of MS OWA with OAM
(Doc ID 1097491.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:COREid Access - Version: 10.1.4
Information in this document applies to any platform.
External users are unable to set up or access their Microsoft (MS) Exchange mail accounts since MS Outloook Web Access (OWA) was integrated with Oracle Access Manager (OAM). MS Exchange is accessed using using RPC over HTTP.
Steps to reproduce
1. Start -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Mail Setup -> E-mail Accounts -> Add New E-mail Account -> type=MS Exchange.
2. Create an account for username e.g. idmtest.
3. Configure the account to connect to MS exchange using HTTP.
4. External users change the mail proxy settings to use the externally accessible MS Exchange proxy URL.
6. Enter valid credentials, the following error occurs:
'The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.'
If an invalid password is entered in the basic login popup then the popup is re-displayed, so IIS basic authentication appears to be executing correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|