Cannot Uninstall FMW 11g AS Instance Managed by WebLogic Domain Using OUI If Domain No Longer Exists
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Web Tier
- Portal / Forms / Reports / Discoverer
- Identity Management (OID)
The Installer offers two deinstall options
- Deinstall ASInstances managed by WebLogic Domain
- Select this option to deinstall a specific Oracle Instance, and its system components that are registered to a WebLogic Domain.
- Deinstall Unmanaged ASInstances
- Select this option to deinstall all unmanaged Oracle Instances, and their system components.
"Specify WebLogic Domain Detail Screen"
You cannot specify the details because the WebLogic Domain no longer exists, and therefore you can proceed no further.
The other option "deinstall unmanaged instances" also does not work because after entering the Instance location in the "Specify Instance Location Screen", the Installer reports that the Instance is managed (even though its associated WebLogic Domain has been removed).
How is it possible, then, to remove the AS Instance?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms