Unable to Get Back to the Original Page/Search After Navigating to the View Profile Gallery to Get more Information After a User/Member Search
Last updated on DECEMBER 26, 2013
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 26-Dec-2013
It is not possible to Get back to the original page/search after navigating to the View Profile Gallery to get more information after a user search. When you navigate to the View Profile Gallery to get more information after a user search there is no way to get to the original page where you were doing the user search.
Also the View Profile Gallery replaces the current user Profile Tab by the searched user Profile Tab. This is really confusing to users.
This happens with the "Find User" or "Find Connections" searches either from the Gallery or Connections Tabs or from a page with "Gallery Profile" or "Connections" task flows.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create the following users:
- Login as moderator1 user to WebCenter Spaces.
- Click on the user name link (moderator1) at the top of the screen to open the user Tab page. This should open a "moderator1" Tab.
- Select the Connections Tab.
- Click on the "Find and Invite People" link.
- Search for the following user:
Find User: participant1
- Click the link with the name of the user returned with the search.
participant1 in this case.
This should open a pop-up window with a card version of the user profile with the following links:
View Profile Gallery
- Click the "View Profile Gallery" to see more information about that user.
- The "moderator1" Tab is replaced with the "participant1" Tab.
- If you click the "Back" button from the browser it will take you to the Connections Tab. But the searched users will be lost. So you need to click again in "Find and Invite People" and do the search again.
- If you click the user name link (moderator1) at the top of the screen to open the user Tab page you will have to start the process again to search the users as the original search will be lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms