How to Make Other User Messages Private on the Message Board in People Connections?
(Doc ID 1122601.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter - Version: 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 - Release: to 11g
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create 2 users (UserA and UserB) in the Weblogic Admin Console .
2. Login to WebCenter Spaces with the Weblogic account.
3. Click on the Connections tab and try to add these two users by inviting them.
4. Login to WebCenter Spaces using the UserA account and accept the Weblogic request .
5. Login to WebCenter Spaces using the UserB account and accept the Weblogic request .
6. Login to WebCenter Spaces using the Weblogic account and navigate to the Connections tab.
7. Click on UserA under all connections and try to add a message for UserA. Try to check this message by logging in to WebCenter Spaces using the UserA account. Note in later releases there is the option when sending a message to make it private. Reference: Section 184.108.40.206.3 Posting a Private Message , however in this case we are assuming the message was not initially marked as private.
8. Again try to login to WebCenter Spaces using the UserB account - navigate to the Connections tab and invite UserA.
9. Login to WebCenter Spaces using the UserA account and accept the request from UserB.
10. Again try to login to WebCenter Spaces using the UserB account and under Connections click on UserA and navigate to UserA's message board.
11. UserB is able to see the message which was posted by the Weblogic user to UserA .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!