WebLogic Server doesn't roll back the transaction within the specified timeout value.
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Weblogic Server - Version 8.1 to 10.3.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WebLogic Server doesn't roll back an EJB's container-initiated transactions, after timeout (specified in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file) in trans-timeout-seconds parameter.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Lock Oracle DB table or record.
2. Perform EJB transaction that tries to get data from table that is locked.
3. Wait for time that exceeds EJB timeout.
4. Unlock DB table (record)
The rolled back exception will be seen in WebLogic stdout with time specified in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file.
1. Specified time-out is 75 sec.
2. Perform EJB transaction that tries to access the locked DB record. Wait for 500seconds. No exceptions logged in WebLogic logs.
3. Unlock the DB record after 500 seconds. There is an exception in WebLogic log: “TransactionRolledBack exception … after 75 seconds”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms