UCM is Asking for Login Credentials in a Public Site When Using Site Minder
Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 7.5.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release Stellent to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 05-JUN-2014***
UCM is asking for login credentials in public site after logout from the site.
The Content Server instance is configured with Site Minder single sign on solution.
Here is how the issue can be reproduced:
1. Access the home page...www.(abc).org, this is a UCM page. User is NOT asked for login credentials.
2. Access another page in the website that requires Site Minder login.
3. Login with a valid user.
4. If the user logs out at this point, then there are no issues.
5. Instead of logging out..navigate to the Home page i.e. www.(abc).org.
6. At this point check the cookies in the browser:
It has IntradocLoginState=1 and a few more Site Minder Cookies...Especially SMIdentity.
7. Go back to the secure page in the site and log out of the application.
8. Check the cookies in the browser.
All the Site Minder Cookies are deleted. But the IntradocLoginState=1 still exists.
9. Go to the home page again.
10. UCM asks for login credentials. At this point the user cannot access the website unless all the cookies are deleted.
The Site Minder Logout script is deleting all the Site Minder Cookies. If the SMIdentity cookie is NOT deleted then UCM does not ask for authentication.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms