Unable To Add Members in WebCenter Spaces Unless the Userid Has the Exact Case Match
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter - Version: 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Workplace Central
When attempting to add a member in WebCenter Spaces without using the exact case match,
the following error occurs.
WCS#: No matching users were found with search string xxxx
For instance, if the userid is WCUser1 you won't be able to add the member using lowercase or uppercase. The userid has to be typed in exact case match.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a users with the following user id:
- Navigate to a group space as follows:
Settings -> Members
- Attempt to give grants to the above user by filling in the userid in the provided field and click "Add Members".
- When I type in "wcuser1" (in lowercase) you will get this error:
WCS#: No matching users were found with search string wcuser1
- When I type in "WCUSER1" (in uppercase) you will get this error:
WCS#: No matching users were found with search string WCUSER1
- The only way to give grants to the user is by typing the userid in the correct case (WCUser1).
Searching the user in OID also works with any case (lowercase or uppercase).
It is only when adding the user in WebCenter Spaces that it will complain about the userid if not typing with the exact case match.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms