Error Seen When Running an Essbase Interface in ODI Using an ODI Agent Service: com.hyperion.odi.essbase.ODIEssbaseException: Error occurred while executing a maxl script (Unknown Source)
(Doc ID 1152893.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 10.1.3.4.5 and later
Hyperion Essbase - Version 220.127.116.11.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Sep-2014***
- When the ODI agent is running as a Windows service and an Essbase interface in ODI is run, an error like the following is seen:
- If an ODI Agent is manually started by using the agent.bat script in <ORACLE HOME>\oracedi\bin\agent.bat then the integration succeeds.
- Please note: If this does not work when using a standalone ODI Agent either then please check that the Essbase client has been installed on the machine where the ODI Agent is running. The Essbase KM User Guide (default location - C:\OraHome_1\oracledi\doc\km\odiess_users.pdf) states that this is a pre-requisite for using MAXL scripts.
1. The ODI Agent is running as a Windows service under a system account.
2. The ODI Agent is running in OPMN.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Check that the Essbase Client Has Been Installed|
|If the ODI Agent is Running as a Windows Service|
|If the ODI Agent is Running Under & Being Managed by OPMN (Possible in ODI 18.104.22.168.00 and higher)|