OHS 10g SSL Client Certificate - Cannot Display The Web Page , OHS error_log Shows " NZ Library Error: Unknown error "
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 18-Nov-2014
- Issue has been reported to reproduce with following browsers
- Many versions of Internet Explorer (eg. versions 6, 7 and 8)
- Safari 4 running on Apple Mac and Windows.
- Issue does not reproduce with other browsers such as FireFox, Chrome, Netscape running on Windows.
- Using affected browser such as Internet Explorer(IE), accessing web pages which requires https/Client Certificate identification, a 'Choose a digital certificate' Windows popup is displayed. After selecting a valid certificate to proceed, following error is displayed:
"Cannot display the Web page"
- Following errors are recorded in Oracle HTTP Server's error_log:
[error] nzos handshake error, nzos_Handshake returned 29014(server hostname.com:443, client 10.10.10.10)
[error] NZ Library Error: Unknown error
For Windows clients machines, issue reproduces after installing Microsoft security update KB980436 on the browser machine.
The same web pages were working as expected prior to applying KB980436.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms