CustomDBMSAuthenticator Does Not Display Users in Portal Administration Console
(Doc ID 1185463.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Portal - Version 9.2.0 to 10.3.2 [Release Weblogic Platform to AS10gR3]
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 9.2 to 10.3.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using CustomDBMSAuthenticator in the security realm for authentication using application database schema, you will observe that users from the database schema are not displayed in the Portal Administration console. Authentication will work fine however.
The configuration of CustomDBMSAuthenticator is briefly documented at the following document.
As per the above documentation,
1. A new datasource is created to connect to application database schema.
2. You created a new instance of CustomDBMSAuthenticator in security realm under providers tab. You configured the control flag as sufficient and first in the list of authenticator providers. The SQLAuthenticator is configured second in the list.
3. You configured the datasource attribute with the above datasource created.
4. You configured a custom plug-in class that implements the interface weblogic.security.providers.authentication.CustomDBMSAuthenticatorPlugin
5. You saved the changes successfully.
After successful configuration, any user from the application database schema is able to log into the portal application. However, when the administrator logs into Portal Administration Console, navigate to user management page and select the CustomDBMSAuthenticator, the users are not listed. Hence not able to apply entitlement for those users from application database schema.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document