SEVERE errors in web.xml file while customizing WebCenter Spaces Task Flows
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to customize the WebCenter Spaces Task Flows,
the following error is displayed in the Messages -Log in JDeveloper:
Aug 30, 2010 8:17:58 PM oracle.jdevimpl.webapp.jsp.taglibraries.trinidad.addin.TrinidadConfigurationTask configureWebXml
SEVERE: Cannot configure read-only file: /D:/JDeveloper/184.108.40.206/mywork/SpacesTaskflowCustomizationApplication/ViewController/public_html/WEB-INF/web.xml
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Download the WebCenter Task Flow Customization Supporting Files from here:
- Perform the following steps from the white paper as appropriate:
WebCenter Task Flow Customization
- Preparing a WebCenter Application for Customizing Task Flows
- Preparing WebCenter Spaces for Customizing Task Flows
- Preparing Both WebCenter Spaces and a Custom WebCenter Application for Customizing Task Flows
SpacesTaskflowCustomization Application open.
Look at the messages displayed in the "Messages -Log" in JDeveloper.
Here you should see the FATAL error with web.xml file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms