REP-50159 REP-50127 When Attempting to Run a Report Output File to a Mapped Drive
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 10.1.2.3 and later
Oracle Daybreak - Version 11.6 to 11.6 [Release 11]
***Checked for relevance on 13-Apr-2015***
With 10.1.2.3 Reports: From a Windows environment, when attempting to write a report output file to a mapped drive from the in-process report server or a stand alone report server managed by OPMN, the following error occurs.
REP-50127: File : Cannot write into file
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run a report to an output file and specify the mapped drive letter/directory (Example: desname=Z:\output.pdf ) as the file location.
2. The report request fails with the documented errors.
3. If a local drive is specified, the report completes without error.
4. If the report output is sent to the mapped drive and the UNC syntax is specified (Example. desname=\\ipaddress\Directory\output.pdf), the report completes without error.
5. The errors occur if the OPMN Windows Service Properties is set to "Log On" as "Local System account" or "This Account" and set to the Administrator user that installed the software.
Attempting to write report output files to a mapped drive on a Windows platform.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms