Tuxedo Backup Node In MP Configuration Hangs When Primary Node Crashes
(Doc ID 1224825.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 10.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MP Tuxedo configuration :
MASTER on AIX with TUXEDO 10.3 with RP22
SLAVE on Linux x86_64 with TUXEDO 10.3 with RP 22
- GWTDOMAIN on both machines connected to 2 other domains that receive client requests.
- After starting a load test, around 50 clients connected to each frontend machine that do 1000 calls to services published on MP domain.
- Shutdown the machine where master is running to simulate the machine crash (shutdown -K)
- After few minutes all clients receives TPETIME errors.
- strace -o BBL.out -p PID_of_BBL shows that the BBL is locked on : msgrcv
- "tmadmin -r" on the backup machine does not reply.
- All tuxedo servers are hanging trying to get a lock on Tuxedo Bulletin Board
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document