Portlet Unavailable Message For Custom Webcenter Application Referencing Portlets Deployed In The Same Weblogic Server Domain
(Doc ID 1239883.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A custom WebCenter application which is deployed on a custom managed server "WLS_CustomApp" on WebLogic has several portlet references. These portlets are deployed on "WLS_Portlet" Managed Server in the same domain.
The custom application is not able to communicate with these portlets, though individual portlets are running fine. (Direct access to the JSP pages is working fine).
The error seen is :-
During the custom WebCenter application deployment using JDeveloper, the portlet producer urls have been updated to match the WLS_Portlet deployed one.
The following steps can be used to reproduce the issue :-
1. Create an ADF application and create the portlet entries. (JSF portlet bridge).
It has only one jspx page with a output test displaying Hello World.
2. Deploy it to the JDeveloper embedded WebLogic Server
3. Create a WebCenter application, register the WSRP producer corresponding to the ADF portlet bridge application created in step 1.
4. Run the application -> It works fine.
5. Deploy the ADF Bridge portlet to the WebCenter WLS_Portlet managed server.
6. Deploy WebCenter application to the WebCenter WLS_APP managed server created for WebCenter Applications.
See: 38.3.2 Preparing the Target Environment for Deployment
During the deployment, edit the associated Web service connection, which follows the naming convention connectionname-wsconn and change the url to point to the deployed portlet.
ADF_Portlet_Bridged_Producer_wsconn url changed to:
7. Browse to the application:
The portlet doesn't display, it shows:
8. Check the connections.xml file deployed with the WebCenter Application:
one WSRP portlet url has been changed to the correct one:
All others are still pointing to the embedded WebLogic server
Thee same reproduces with a WSRP portlet created using the portlet wizard.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document