Fusion Middleware Control does not Populate Oracle HTTP Server SSL Variables Correctly
(Doc ID 1260444.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note describes several problems with regard to configuring OHS with SSL in FMW Control.
- Out of the box OHS has an SSL port configured
- The default SSL configuration uses "Server Authentication" and "SSLProtocol All"
- Access the following via FMW Control: "ohs1 -> Administration -> Virtual Hosts -> Choose the HTTPS port, Configure -> SSL Configuration"
- You will notice that SSL Authentication and SSL Protocol are blank
- These should not be blank as the defaults within OHS are "Server Authentication" and "All" respectively.
- Following on from above, according to this page, SSL Protocol is a mandatory parameter as it has an asterisk next to it. SSL Authentication has no asterisk next to it so we assume it is not mandatory
- Change SSL Protocol to All and click OK and the following error will appear:
Error in configuring SSL for this component./Farm_wtdomain/wtdomain/ohs1"
- As soon as I set SSL Authentication to Server Authentication, it accepts the changes. SSL Authentication is actually a mandatory parameter
- After performing the above FMW Control goes back to the Virtual Hosts page
- Go back into the Virtual Hosts -> choose the HTTPS port, Configure -> SSL Configuration
- "SSL Authentication" is blank again
- If you choose to make changes to Ciphersuites or SSL Protocol, then it will fail as SSL Authentication is blank and needs to be set again before changes are accepted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document