Unable To Access Identity System Console /identity/oblix After Changing WebPass Transport Security Mode
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:COREid Access - Version: 10.1.4
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Identity System web page is not displaying after changing WebPass Transport Security setting.
After restart of the WebPass HTTP Server and Identity Server, access to the Identity System Console at /identity/oblix fails. A blank page is displayed.
Attempts to reconfigure the WebPass mode back to 'simple' using the setup_webpass utility does not fix the issue:
setup_webpass -i WEBPASSS_INSTALL_DIR -m
The WebPass oblog.log shows errors like the following:
2010/11/19@08:37:59.677726 15508 16193 CONN_MGMT ERROR 0x00001C06 watcher_thread.cpp:56 "Unable to create wrapper for socket" Error^Oracle Identity Protocol security mode mismatch. We are OPEN mode, but peer is SMPL mode. Connection dropped.
2010/11/19@08:37:59.677844 15508 15532 CONNECTIVITY WARNING 0x00002101 ois_service_client.cpp:1376 "The server this component is trying to establish a connection to is not available" function^ObOISServiceClient::SendMessage
Steps to reproduce
1. Access the Identity System Console at /identity/oblix and login as administrator.
2. Go to Identity System Console -> System Configuration -> WebPass and click Modify.
3. Change the Transport Security setting to a different value. Click Save.
4. Restart Identity Server and the WebPass webserver.
5. Try to access /identity/oblix again in the browser: a blank page is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms