How To Prevent Looping With AD Password Sync Connector
(Doc ID 1273404.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2020
Applies to:Identity Manager Connector - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After deploying the AD User Management Connector 220.127.116.11 and AD Password Synchronization Connector 18.104.22.168, a password change loop is observed in the following scenarios:
1. OIM User is changing his password trough self service interface
2. OIM User password is reset by the administrator
3. End user is changing his password in AD system directly
4. End user password is reset by the administrator in AD directly
The password loop consists in the following operations:
- password is changed in the OIM User object
- password is propagated to AD system
- the password synchronization connector send the password back to the OIM
- the loop continues from first step
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!