OAM 11g: OAAM - "Failed to communicate with any of configured Access Server" Error After OAM-OAAM Integration For OTP Authentication
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this document is to highlight some points for troubleshooting the integration between OAM 11G and OAAM 11G and allow using the OAAM with OTP to authenticate users.
As well to resolve the following communication error which appears during the login process after OAM-OAAM integratin.
[2010-12-01T12:52:27.578+01:00] [oaam_server_server1] [ERROR] Failed to communicate with any of configured Access Server, ensure that it is up and running.
[2010-12-01T12:52:27.578+01:00] [oaam_server_server1] [ERROR] Error authenticating user=weblogic, with OAM[[
java.lang.Exception: Failed to communicate with any of configured Access Server, ensure that it is up and running.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Do a basic install with two hosts:
OAM host (<oamhost>.<mydomain>):
- Win 2003, service pack 2
- WLS 10.3.3
2. Install 11G webgate host (<webgatehost>.<mydomain>):
- Win 2003, service pack2
- OHS Web Server 11g + 11g webgate (agent)
The basic scenario is this:
You want to use OAAM with OTP to authenticate users.
3. In OAM you have already setup agent, added policies, authentication schemes, host identifier etc, to protect resources. (via oamconsole)
4. While authenticating using the standard "LDAP Scheme" it all works fine.
5. When you change Authentication scheme to "OAAMAdvanced" you get redirected to the OAAM login page and after providing username and password the user is not recognized. You get redirected to Login Page again.
As well you can see the above mentioned error in the OAAM diagnostic log file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms