Oracle Support versus How To's and Custom Coding Requests for Application Express (APEX) / Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
(Doc ID 1277191.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - S50 - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 1.6 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - S20 - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this document is to clarify Oracle Support's responsibility for addressing "how to" questions or custom coding requests related to APEX/ORDS and to explain where customers can find assistance.
Oracle Support does not write or debug custom code. Support's charter is to deal with filing bugs, assist with product installation and configuration, and identify information in existing demos and documentation that may be related to a customer's issue. For further information related to Oracle Support policy see <Note 166650.1> - Working Effectively with Global Customer Support. As documented in that note under Limitations of Support, Oracle Support cannot address:
1. Mapping business requirements to product functionality
2. Educating project team members on how to run scripts and how to maintain/use the operating system
3. Application development to include creating code or examples
4. Debugging custom code, demo code, or sample code
5. Mapping business requirements to third party products.
6. Unlocked APEX packaged applications.
7. Third party plug-ins or plug-ins from: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/learnmore/apex-plug-ins-182042.html
These plug-ins are not part of Oracle Application Express software and are therefore not supported by Oracle Support. Any issues with these can be discussed on the Application Express Forum.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!