Oracle Support versus How To's and Custom Coding Requests for Application Express (APEX) / Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database as a Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle REST Data Services - Version 1.1.0 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - S20 - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - S50 - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this document is to clarify Oracle Support's responsibility for addressing "how to" questions or custom coding requests related to APEX/ORDS and to explain where customers can find assistance.
Oracle Support does not write or debug custom code. Support's charter is to deal with filing bugs, assist with product installation and configuration, and identify information in existing demos and documentation that may be related to a customer's issue. For further information related to Oracle Support policy see <Note 166650.1> - Working Effectively with Global Customer Support. As documented in that note under Limitations of Support, Oracle Support cannot address:
1. Mapping business requirements to product functionality
2. Educating project team members on how to run scripts and how to maintain/use the operating system
3. Application development to include creating code or examples
4. Debugging custom code, demo code, or sample code
5. Mapping business requirements to third party products.
6. Unlocked APEX packaged applications.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms