Activity Stream Takes Extra Space with Long Strings if Region is Fixed Width
(Doc ID 1278209.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you set a column in a page to fixed width and the enter a very long string without spaces into a component that you placed into this column, then you will see in IE that the column keeps the fixed width but the space to the neighbor column is as long as the very long string.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create a new page in spaces.
2. Select a 3 column layout
3. drag drop widgets into each column
first column: Activity Stream + People Connections - Profile
second column: Worklist
third column: Activity Stream
5. Set each column to 320px by updating its width style in composer.
6. Make sure Stretch is disabled on the widget
7. Edit the Profile (second column) and add a very long string
8. Refresh the Activity Stream (first column) to show the long string
You should see the issue which is a useless space between the first and the
second column (in the length of the long string) in IE7.
It works in Firefox.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document