OpenSSO 3.0 Agent Looping after Restarting Protected Application via the IBM WebSphere 6.1 Admin Console
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle OpenSSO - Version 7.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An OpenSSO agent protecting a J2EE application loops after a stop and start of the J2EE application via the IBM WebSphere 6.1 admin console.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
(1) DeploySun Access Manager 7.1 Patch 1 on a web container.
(2) Deploy a sample web application on IBM WebSphere 6.1 web container.
(3) Install OpenSSO Agent v3.0 for IBM WebSphere 6.1 to protect the sample web application.
(4) Test and ensure that OpenSSO agent is protecting the sample web application and redirecting to the access manager login page for authentication.
(5) Open an IE browser and access IBM WebSphere admin console, select to "stop" and "start" the protected sample web application.
(6) Open another IE browser and access the protected web application
(7) OpenSSO Agent v3.0 for IBM WebSphere 6.1 redirect the user to access manager login page when the protected web application is accessed.
(8) After submitting the login credential, the page continue to load and it doesn't redirect to the sample web application.
(9) Note that with Firefox and Chrome browser, there is a redirection error.
(10) Restart the entire IBM WebSphere server and the problem will be resolved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms