DBMS_LDAP.bind_s to OID 10g Fails with ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 188.8.131.52 to 10.1.4.3 [Release 10gR1 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DBMS_LDAP.bind_s Fails with error message:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
This happens in the following scenario and steps to reproduce error:
Create a plugin for simple bind by using DBMS_LDAP package and enable the plugin.
1) Create a user in OID by using ODM or OIDDAS and do an ldapbind to ensure bind is successful
2) ldapsearch user entry into ldif file
3) delete user account from OID
4) Add the same user back to OID with ldapadd command using ldif file generated in step 2.
5) ldapbind fails with error 49: Invalid credentials
OID log shows the following :-
2011/01/07:07:05:40 * ServerWorker (REG):4 * ConnID:61 * OpId:0 * OpName:bind
INFO : gslfbiADoBind * Version=3 BIND dn="cn=ramesh,cn=Users,dc=dters,dc=com" method=128
ConnId = 61, op=0, IpAddr=10.1.238.151
07:05:40 * INFO : gslfrsASendLdapResult2 RESULT = 49 nentries=0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms