WebCenter Consumer Causes Windows Computer to Reboot when Browsing a Page with a Portlet from JSF Portlet Bridge when Using IE8
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter - Version: 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 - Release: 11g to 11g
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Windows computer running a WebCenter Consumer application will suddenly reboot with no errors.
After reboot the machine will get back to the initial BIOS screen.
The Windows Event Logs do not report anything except that a system dump was created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a Portlet from an ADF Application using the JSF Portlet Bridge.
- Modify the oracle-portlet.xml file and remove the "require-iframe" tag.
- Create a WebCenter Application and add the Portlet to a JSF page (.jspx) in the WebCenter consumer application.
- Deploy both Producer and Consumer applications to a managed server in WebCenter domain.
- Browse to web page in IE8.
Navigating to the page with the Portlet will cause the machine to reboot.
This is reproducible all the time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms