Duplicate URL for Pages with the Same Page Name
(Doc ID 1292023.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Suppose User1 creates a page called Page1. User2 creates a page called Page1.
It is found that the Direct URL for the above pages are the same. Where User1 shares a URL of Page1 with someone else, he may go to Page1 for User2.
The duplicate URL is applicable to a Business Role Page, i.e. if a user creates a page in Personal Space with the same name as a Business Role Page, the Business Role Page may be replaced by the page in Personal Space.
Steps to reproduce the issue:--
1. Login to Webcenter as User1.
2. Create a new page in Personal Space and give the display name as 'Page1' for the new page and grant access to User2.
3. Get the page information of Page1 and check the URL of the page.
E.g. it looks like this:
4. Now try to login to Webcenter as User2.
5. Create a new page in Personal Space and give the same display name, i.e 'Page1' for the new page and grant access to User1.
6. Get the page information of Page1 and check the URL of the page.
E.g. it looks like the following, which is the URL as for User1's Page1:
7. Still logged as User2, try to add the hyperlink using the URL of Page1.
8.When trying to access this page, it goes to either Page1 and users are getting confused with this random selection.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document