Unable To Find File MIME Type In Webapp JSP Of Weblogic Server
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Web application (webapp) is deployed on Weblogic 10.3.2 (WLS) with Sun JDK 1.6.0_18.
As per JDK javadoc on MIME type, a file named "mime.types" with the extra file types is placed in the META-INF/ directory of the webapp. This is in accordance to the search order for MIME type, as noted in JDK javadoc, is as follows:
- Programmatically added entries to the MimetypesFileTypeMap instance.
- The file .mime.types in the user's home directory.
- The file <java.home>/lib/mime.types.
- The file or resources named META-INF/mime.types.
- The file or resource named META-INF/mimetypes.default (usually found only in the activation.jar file).
When invoking test JSP in the webapp, instead of the expected result --
WLS 10.3.2 returns the following incorrect result --
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms