Unable To Access A Document Directly From A URL When It Contains An Account
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.1.3.5.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a content item has an account assigned to it, attempting to view that item outside of the Content Server page will fail.
- Open a new browser session, one that has not been previously logged into the UCM before.
- Paste or type the URL path to an item in the Address field of the browser, such as:
- A pop-up authentication window will prompt for a user name and password. This is normal and expected behavior.
- However, entering valid user credentials will not succeed even though that user has read permissions for that account. The prompt will reappear!
- Eventually a denied access page will be displayed.
Note 2: If you attempt to access the URL from a browser session that had been used previously to login to the Content Server, you will also gain access to the document. This is also expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms