Changing Oid User Password In Webcenter Prompts Error When Oid Implement Password History Checking
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Integrate webcenter to OID.
2. Create an account in OID, or using the existing account.
3. In OIDADMIN, login as orcladmin, go to
Password Policy Management ->" Password Policy for Realm dc=...."
Click the Password Syntax tab on the right.
4. Change the "Number of Passwords in History" to 2 and click apply.
5. Login to WebCenter, and go to WebCenter->Preferences->Password
6. Provide the correct old password, and give a new password (that has not been used before)
7. Click the Apply button and you will see the error:
Error: Incorrect Old Password for user account
It does not matter if you have provided the correct old password. The new password must adhere to the password policy set including re-use.
WebCenter 18.104.22.168.0 integrated with OID with "Number of Passwords in History" policy (pwdinhistory) enabled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms