The UCM 11g Login Page Is Inaccessible Because the CSDS Data Source Fails With "Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: IO Error: Socket read timed out"
(Doc ID 1302365.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After starting the UCM managed server, the UCM Login page is inaccessible and returns "Error 404--Not Found"
The messages in the console show that the UCM Server failed to initialize:
It looks like the CSDS datasource was unable to construct a connection to the database due to this error:
"weblogic.common.ResourceException: Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: IO Error: Socket read timed out"
To confirm that this is a timeout issue:
- Login to WLS Console (typically http://<server>:7001/console)
- Navigate to Services->Data Sources
- Click on the Monitoring tab.
- Click on the CSDS data source link for the server in question.
- Click on the radio button for the server that is causing the problem (typically UCM_server1).
- The Test Data Source button is enabled. Click it.
The result will appear just below the Messages title at the top of the page. If it takes 10-15 seconds for the error to appear then this is likely a timeout problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document