Unlinking Related Content Gives Permission Error (Write Permission Required On Target Item)
(Doc ID 1303559.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On WCC/UCM 10.1.3.5.1. When attempting to unlink a Related Content (of type Supporting Content) from a content item in a Security Group where the user has only Read permission, the following error occurs:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Give user 'scott' RW access to the Public Security Group and R access to the Secure Security Group.
2. Place two content items in Public, and one in Secure.
3. Log in as user 'scott' and navigate to the Content Information screen of one of the items in the Public Group.
4. Click Supporting Content
5. Select Link -> Existing Item
6. Press Search
7. Select the item in the Secure group and the other item in the Public group.
8. Observe that both items are linked correctly.
9. Now try to unlink both items.
10. Observe that the item from the Public group can be unlinked, but that the item from the Secure group cannot.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document