Datasource state shows as RUNNING even if corresponding Database server is down
(Doc ID 1307696.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2023
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a datasource is targeted to a managed server and the following operations are performed (in the same sequence):
- Shutdown managed server.
- Shutdown the database server (DB server).
- Startup managed server.
- DB server is still down.
The result will be :
- Managed server is started in RUNNING mode.
- Data source is accessible in the admin console (deployed).
- From administration console, data source shows "State: RUNNING" and "Enabled: true" => this makes us think monitoring is broken.
- You will see following error in the corresponding server's log:
Even if a connection test (Data Source/Monitoring/Testing) is triggered, the test fails as expected with ORA-12521, but the monitoring still shows "State: RUNNING" and "Enabled: true" for this Data Source. This is not same as when DB server fails while WebLogic server is running (in which case the pool state is automatically changed to "Disabled").
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document