Datasource state shows as RUNNING even if corresponding Database server is down
(Doc ID 1307696.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Weblogic Server - Version: 10.3.1 to 10.3.4
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Shutdown managed server.
- Shutdown the database server (DB server).
- Startup managed server.
- DB server is still down.
Result will be :
- managed server started in RUNNING mode.
- data source is accessible in the admin console (deployed).
- from administration console, data source shows "State: RUNNING" and "Enabled: true" => this makes us think monitoring is broken.
- You will see following error in the corresponding server's log:
####<Feb 21, 2011 11:17:46 PM IST> <Warning> <JDBC> <Test> <TestServer1><[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <
> <> <> <1298310466219> <BEA-001129> <Received exception while creating connection for pool "DS1": Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor >
Even if we trigger a connection test (Data Source/Monitoring/Testing), the test fails as expected with ORA-12521, but the monitoring still shows "State: RUNNING" and "Enabled: true" for this Data Source. This is not same as when DB server fails while WebLogic server is running (in which case pool state is automatically changed to "Disabled").
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!