No JMS Non-Durable Topic Message Logging with No Active Consumers
(Doc ID 1313861.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With JMS Topic Message Logging enabled for non-durable topics, there are no messages logged. The file <Domain_Home>\servers\<Server>\logs\jmsServers\<jmsServer>\jms.messages.log remains with 0 bytes.
To replicate the issue:
1. Create a simple non-durable Topic targeted to a JMSServer.
2. Enable logging on the topic by following the documentation:
3. Send messages using TopicSend.java. (You can find TopicSend.java in the WLS samples directory tree).
4. Observe the message count in Topic Monitoring and the JMSServer Monitoring tabs on the console.
5. However, in the JMSServer logs, the message log is at 0 kb.
If you try the same with a simple Queue, you will see entries in the JMSServer log.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document