Tutorial: Installing and Configuring Oracle WebCenter Portal R11 (126.96.36.199.0 - 188.8.131.52.0)
(Doc ID 1316942.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2022
Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.8 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document will show how to do a simple install of WebCenter Portal in a single server using the Automatic Service Configuration feature that is available in PS3 release and later.
This document has been tested with the following releases:
- WebCenter dot8 (18.104.22.168.0)
- WebCenter PS6 (22.214.171.124.0)
- WebCenter PS5 (126.96.36.199.0)
- WebCenter PS4 (188.8.131.52.0)
- WebCenter PS3 (184.108.40.206.0)
This is part of a series of Tutorials for Installing and Configuring WebCenter Portal.
In this tutorial we will cover the following topics:
- Configuring your OS with the system requirements for installing WebCenter Portal.
- Installing a JDK (for 64-bit platforms).
- Installing Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Creating the WebCenter Database Schemas.
- Installing Oracle WebCenter Portal.
- Configuring Oracle WebCenter Portal.
The following diagram shows the configuration that will be performed in this document:
For this Tutorial we will show the installation and configuration process on OEL5 64bit.
A similar process can be used for other Platforms.
All references to the documentation in this tutorial correspond to dot8 (220.127.116.11.0) release.
For previous releases you can find the documentation here:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Documentation
This document is intended for WebCenter Portal Administrators who need to install and configure WebCenter Portal.
Support for the different products used in this tutorial is provided by different teams. If you need to contact Oracle Support ensure to open a service request for the related Product.
- Configuration of your OS system requirements is supported by Your OS Vendor.
- Yum support is provided by Unbreakable Linux team.
- WebLogic Server, JRockit and Repository Configuration Assistant (RCU) are supported by the Application Server / WebLogic Server team.
- WebCenter Portal Installation and Configuration is supported by WebCenter Portal team.
This document doesn't replace the formal documentation that can be located here:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Guide for Oracle WebCenter Portal - 11g Release 1 (18.104.22.168.0)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.