Last updated on JULY 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.3 to 10.3.6
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Suppose you have exported a Web application as a war file, and deploy it on WLS 10.3.3 by admin console, you will find that it works fine. Now if you modify some JSP content in the application and export the application again. Now on redeploying it via Admin console by clicking "update" button, you will find that the JSP doesn't renew as per the modifications.
This issue only occurs in PRODUCTION mode enabled domain.
Steps to reproduce Issue
Change a jsp pages and use 'update' to redeploy as following steps:
1. Create a production mode enabled domain (please note this issue only occurs in PRODUCTION mode domain )
2. Export web app as a war file
3. Deploy this war through admin console
4. Check the JSP file and it should be working fine
5. Modify any one JSP and export the whole web app to a war (with same name) again
6. Console: deployment, choose the war app deployed just now, click "update", then click "finish" on next page.
7. Here war app should be redeployed, but on browsing the JSP page via browser, it isn't.
Don't use 'update', just use 'delete' plus 'deploy' to update the web apps.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms