Failed to Load XML File With Content ID Error in Site Studio Contributor Mode
Last updated on MAY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The error: "Failed to load XML file with Content ID..." is seen after every check-in, new or edited revisions. If you wait 10+ seconds and refresh, the content is displayed.
The problem happens whenever you try to create, or edit, a page. Occurs on every website, using any user id, anytime you save and close, wait for the page to reload and this error pops up. Because you are editing the page this problem occurs in contributor mode. If a page is edited, saved and closed to get out of contributor mode, the page displays the older content, hitting refresh will show the new content.
The error can be replicated by following these steps:
- Login to UCM and go to Administration > Refinery Administration > File Format Wizard.
- Check the box for 'xml' XSL Transformation (XML-XSLT Tranformation).
- Open the SS website and go into contribution mode and edit the region.
- Make some changes in the wysiwyg element and 'Save and Close'.
- Notice the error: Failed to load XML file with content ID ...
- Go to Administration > Refinery Administration > Conversion Job Status. Notice that the data file has been 'submitted' for conversion.
- Wait for a few seconds and refresh the page.
- After there are no jobs pending, refresh the website page and notice the error goes away.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms