File Binding Component - Cannot Set NM Properties In BPEL Mapper For Inbound Message Variable.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Java CAPS Enterprise Service Bus - Version R6.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 16-08-2011
***Checked for relevance on 05-Apr-2013***
Using the File Binding Component to read a file where the Type is 'On Demand Read'. The NM Properties (eg. File Name) need to be set at run time from within the BPEL before performing the read. The problem is that the BPEL mapper does not allow the inbound message variable for 'On Demand Read' to be expanded, hence the NM properties cannot be set in the mapper.
The issue can be reproduced at will by using the following steps:
1. Create a new BPEL Project.
2. Create a Concrete WSDL where Binding is File and Type is On Demand Read.
3. Drag the WSDL onto the right hand side of the business process so it can be invoked.
4. Drag an Assign and Invoke activity onto the business process canvas.
5. Configure the Invoke activity properties:
- Partner Link: PartnerLink1 (ie. default)
- Operation: read (ie. default)
- Create a new Input Variable called ReadIn (ie. default)
- Create a new Output Variable called ReadOut(ie. default)
6. Double click on the Assign Activity to bring up the mapper. On the RHS (input), expand the 'Variables' node. The ReadIn node cannot be expanded, hence the input NM properties cannot be set in the mapper.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms