How to Show An Introduction Message To Poll Survey
(Doc ID 1352027.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The poll introductory message doesn't show when user takes the poll.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Enter a Group Space
2) Create a new page
3) (in edit mode) click Add Content
4) In Add content pop-up box, open Polls and Surveys folder
5) Add ‘Polls Manager’ portlet
6) Close pop-up, and in newly created portlet, click Create a Poll
7) Name it, and add a description to it
8) In Design tab, add a question for the Poll you just created (via +Add button)
10) Navigate to Schedules tab (to the right of Design tab)
11) Select ‘Publish Poll Now’
12) Add an Introductory message to the poll (via Edit Introduction Message link)
14) Save and Close – not the page, but the Poll portlet
15) Publish the poll - via clicking the drop-down cogwheel located on the Action column of the Poll
16) Save & Close page
17) Navigate to any page and add a ‘Take Polls’ portlet to it (to be able to answer the poll question you created earlier), and note that on the newly created portlet, the question is posted, but not the introductory message.
When the poll is closed, the closing message (if one was created), appears without issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!