Data from List Service Carrying Over to a New Space based on a Space Template
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter - Version: 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 - Release: 11g to 11g
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Data from List service is carried over to a new space when using a template based on a space.
This happens even when un-checking the option to copy data from the List Service while creating the new space based on the template.
Expected to create a new space based on the space template without data carry over from the original space.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Create a new Space:
- Click on Personalize Pages and display the "Lists" service page.
- Crate a list.
- Create a new page in the space.
For example: Page1
- Go to the user's home space.
- Click on Personalize Pages and display the "Space Templates" page.
- Click "Create Space Template" and create a space template based on the GS_Test space.
Space Template Name: GS_Test_template
Select a Space from which to copy data to your Space Template: GS_Test
Select the service(s) from which to copy data to the new Space Template:Discussions - Unchecked
Documents - Unchecked
Lists - Unchecked
Members Info - Unchecked
Pages - Checked
Site Resources - Unchecked
- Create a new space based on the new GS_Test_template space template.
- In the new GS_from_template space go to the Lists page.
Here you will see the Lists from the original space are carried over.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms