User/ Group Changes are not reflected for Discussions (Jive) Forum Permissions
(Doc ID 1353377.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user or group membership changes in Identity store are not reflected to Discussions Forums.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a user called "test1" in WLS Admin console (or respective LDAP - Identity Store of WebCenter), and also created 2 groups: "groupa" and "groupb".
2. Assign "test1" to "groupa" in Admin console.
3. Login into owc_discussions/admin and create a new forum (say PVForum), in its settings mode, add "groupa" (where test user "test1" is a member) as moderator.
4. Now, login to owc_discussions as "test1", able to see moderator privileges for the forum created in step 3 (PVForum).
5. Logout from owc_discussions.
6. In WLS Admin console (or respective ID Store LDAP) assign "test1" to "groupb" and remove its membership from "groupa".
7. Login to owc_discussions as "test1", able to see the moderator privileges even though the user is removed from the moderator group - "groupa".
This should have been reflected immediately to Discussions permissions assigned for forums.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document