Edit with Word does not Check out File when Using Web Tier
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When clicking on Edit with Word, then the file opens in Read-Only mode, and it does not get checked-out from Spaces.
When trying to save it, it tries Save As, to save the file into the client file system.
In other cases, the document seems to open fine, however, when trying to save it, you get the following popup error:
"connexion au serveur impossible"
Unable to connect to server
Also, in other cases Word opens, but it opens blank, without any document open.
The WebCenter is front-ended by an HTTP Server.
When accessing WebCenter through WebLogic server port directly, bypassing the HTTP Server (http://example.com:8888/webcenter) then Edit with Word works as expected.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into Spaces (PS3) as "weblogic".
- Go to a page with the document explorer on it.
- Select a Word file present in a folder. (if there is none, upload one)
- Click on File -> Edit with Word or right-click -> Edit with Word.
- The file is opened by Word, but the title shows that it is in read-only mode.
- Also, when refreshing the Document Explorer, you can see that the file is not checked out.
- When saving, it shows a Save As dialog with the possibility to save it to the client file system, but not to Spaces.
In other cases, the document seems to open fine, but when saving it you get a connection error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms