Last updated on JULY 24, 2013
Applies to:Oracle SOA Platform - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You are using Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 Patchset 3 (220.127.116.11.0) where you are exercising a "hot deployment" scenario to transition existing load against one version of a running composite to a different version of the same composite (either moving to a new, more recently deployed version or rolling back to an older, previously deployed version).
For example, while migrating from say version 1.1 of a composite MyComposite to version 1.2, you:
- First deploy the new version (MyComposite 1.2), without setting it to become the DEFAULT as part of the deployment (since this would otherwise terminate in flight instances of the process as "stale").
- At a later point, while live load is still being directed to version 1.1 (the current DEFAULT version) you access the Enterprise Manager SOA Dashboard page for MyComposite 1.2 and select the option to set this to become the new DEFAULT version.
By following such a plan your expectation is that the in-flight instances of the 1.1 version of the composite, that have already started execution, are allowed to successfully run to completion whilst newly arriving requests for MyComposite are executed against the 1.2 version.
However, the execution of all newly arriving requests against the newly set default version (in this case 1.2) fail with a variety of XSD related exceptions shown in the WebLogic Server log file for stdout, for example:
<Line 2, Column 12>: XML-20201: (Fatal Error) Expected name instead of <.
<Line 6, Column 9>: XML-20121: (Fatal Error) End tag does not match start tag 'sch?ma'.
<Jun 7, 2011 1:25:46 PM EDT> <Error> <oracle.soa.bpel.system> <BEA-000000> <Error while invoking bean "cube engine": oracle.fabric.common.wsdl.XSDException: oracle.xml.parser.schema.XSDException: Expected name instead of <. [Cause=Expected name instead of <.]
oracle.xml.parser.schema.XSDException: Expected name instead of <.
Beyond the above example, a variety of different log messages is possible and the exact format of the message will vary according to the content of the XML schema. However, in all cases the error will be triggered by the parse having encountered unexpected content which leaves the impression that the content of the XSD file has become corrupted, for example:
- oracle.xml.parser.schema.XSDException: Expected name instead of <.
- oracle.xml.parser.schema.XSDException: Start of root element expected.
- oracle.xml.parser.schema.XSDException: Invalid char in text.
You may start experiencing this issue after upgrading to Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 Patchset 3 (18.104.22.168.0) from earlier releases, due to product enhancements that reduce the memory footprint of XML type handling through caching optimizations.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms