WebLogic Server SSL Configuration "Client Certs Requested And Enforced" - Cluster Member Reconnection Attempt Fails With tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler.fireAlert
(Doc ID 1357484.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider this configuration; compare to your situation.
1. Start BL1 (Business Layer) and BL2, which are clustered together.
2. Start PL (Presentation Layer) server which acts as client.
3. Configure 2-way SSL between PL and BL servers.
4. Send 10 requests from PL and both BLs services the requests (its equally load balanced)
5. Stop one of the BL server (say BL1)
6. send 10 requests again from PL -> BL2 services the requests (as expected since only one BL is available and everything works fine.)
7. Now start BL1
8. Send 10 requests from PL -> here you would be thrown with exception.
Attempts to reconnect to the cluster fail when SSL is set to Client Certs Requested And Enforced using two way SSL.
On PL server you can see the exception as below.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document