Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal is to configure the Weblogic plugin in HTTP Server, and thereafter setup SSL termination on the hardware load-balancer, and to allow access to the admin server via port 443 from the outside. Following the standard setup documentation all seems to work fine in the Admin Console, except for the button to "Activate Changes" - this hangs and does not return.
A typical configuration scenario is as follows:
1) A hardware load-balancer is in front of a Weblogic domain, with each managed server/admin server fronted by HTTP server.
2) Adminserver running at internalhost.domain:7001
3) The LB name for OHS is externalhost.domain:443 - port 80 is NOT open on the LB.
4) The relevant entry in mod_wl_OHS.conf is :
5) In the Admin server , the protocol / http is set to :
6) The settings for admin server / General
listen Address: internalhost.domain 7001
SSL is not enabled
WLSProxy plugin ticked
7) The setting for admin Server : HTTP :
frontend host: externalhost.domain port 0 ssl port 443
8) httpd.conf setup as follows :
9) mod_wl_ohs entries :
# Admin Server and EM
10) In addition, the new 10.3.4 WLS plugin requirements have been implemented; see note 1316142.1 "How To Configure mod_wl_ohs with Oracle HTTP Server and Oracle WebLogic Server " which talks of the new requirements for 10.3.4+ when using MOD_WL_OHS or another plugin and indeed all plugin-based SSL configs, the requirement being setting the "WLS plugin" checkbox to "enabled."
This will be done for both admin and domain.
except activate changes
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms